Little Nugget helps parents personalize, organize and treasure their favorite family moments by turning their photo messes into photo memories. In the last 2 years, over 1 million moments have been saved on our React Native and Ruby on Rails platform. If you’re looking to grow into a technical leadership position at a small startup, let’s talk.
At Little Nugget, you could put a smile on thousands of parents’ faces every day. Here are some of the features you’d get to work on over the next 6 months:
- Launch our app on Android and the web to open the platform to millions more users
- Build photo printing and checkout for professional-quality pics on demand
- Explore AI/ML to surface the perfect shots
- Optimize the backend for speed and stability so we can add 10x the moments
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Small Company + Big Impact
Little Nugget is a bootstrapped startup that was recently accepted to the gBETA accelerator program. You will make a real difference and have daily impact on how our platform evolves to better serve our users.
Our team works from where their lives happen. Our home base is the Speakeasy in Indianapolis, but we have team members working across the US. Being local to Indianapolis is a plus, but not required for the right candidate.
We also know that having kids means every day is a little different. We do great work and live up to our commitments, but we know that sometimes work happens before daycare or after bedtime.
Lead our Technical Strategy
You’ll be the first full-time member of our technology team. You’ll get to make mission-critical technical decisions and shape our development culture. We view this as a potential co-founder level role for the right candidate.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
We don’t expect you to have all of the skills outlined below. Even if you are missing a few, we absolutely encourage you to apply. Little Nugget is all about hitting milestones and encouraging growth, for both our children and team members.
- 1+ years experience in React Native, or native iOS/Android experience with excitement about React Native
- 1+ years of full-stack development with Ruby on Rails, or a similar framework like Node/Django/etc
- Creative, curious, and excellent problem solving skills
- Familiarity with agile and scrum methodologies and a highly collaborate atmosphere
- Passionate about capturing moments
- US work authorization required
Nice to Have
- Experience with native debugging tools for iOS and Android, such as Instruments
- Knowledge of AWS
- Willingness to learn and innovate with MLKit
- Experience with eCommerce and photo applications
- Remote option, but long-term preference is local to Indianapolis
- Relocation expenses available
Education: No requirements as long as you have the skills above
Job Location: Indianapolis, IN